On Monday, July 8th, our man Jay-Z decided he wanted to talk to us normal folks on Twitter, the democratic medium for global communications. Some people nearly passed out trying to get HOV to answer their questions. It was pretty much chaos between 12 pm and 7 pm on Twittersphere.
For 7 hours, Jay-Z scrolled and scrolled through questions + thoughts and answered the ones he fancied. One of our favorite questions came from celeb amigo Aziz Ansari. Hilarious.
Here’s a synopsis of what we learned about Jay-Z and his opinion on some $h*t. It’s nothing revelatory or headline worthy but fun stuff to know if you’re a Hova minion.
- His favorite movie is The Godfather 2, but True Romance is a close contender. Makes sense, True Romance is a modern day Bonnie + Clyde.
- If you don’t wear Tom Ford and can only afford to rock Hanes t-shirts, yes, you should definitely write a song about it.
- Favorite Cereal: Captain Crunch
- Twerking should replace the electric slide at weddings.
- Listens to James Blake - very cool.
- MCHG recording videos will be released
- Favorite Britney Track: Toxic
- "Open Letter" was taken out of #MCHG because it’s vinyl and Jack White is handling it. Update: Yesterday on Hot 97 Jay shared, “It’s in a letter… you can play the letter… it’s amazing. You open the letter, and you can actually play the card.” —> Jack White owns a vinyl shop called Third Man Records.
- Working on 6 pieces of art for MCHG
- Doesn’t own a Picasso
- Favorite track as of July 8th: “Ocean”, the first track recorded 2 years ago.
We plucked out a few conversations…
TastemakerX: They’re talking about Range Rovers.
TastemakerX: Mo Money More Problems
TastemakerX: Hope Jay didn’t develop carpal tunnel.
And to close, here’s RapGenius’ break down of “Holy Grail”:
Alright, we’re out!